Senator Portman has been offered the opportunity to nominate a Senate Page for Summer 2017 – Session 1, which would run from June 12, 2017 – June 30, 2017. The application deadline is February 27, 2017.
Requirements for Selection
· Senate Pages must be sponsored by a Senator
· Pages must be citizens of the United States or subject to agreements of the Department of State, and must have a social security number
· Summer Page eligibility is limited to students who have completed the sophomore year and who will be 16 or 17 years old on or before the date of appointment
· Pages must verify a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a home school transcript and a certification of immunization to qualify for attendance at the school
· A general health assessment completed by a licensed physician is required, in addition to a certification of immunization
· Pages are required to be covered by health insurance; if not covered, they will be required to enroll in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
The application and additional information about the program can be found at: http://www.portman.senate.gov/
The Senate Page Program has developed into one of the most prestigious public service programs. Its roots date back to the 19th Century. Since then, pages have been a cornerstone of the operations of the United States Senate. Pages have the opportunity to see the inner workings of the Senate up close. Their responsibilities range from delivering correspondence to Senators to helping prepare the floor for the legislative workday.
The Page Program has four sessions. I am allowed to request a page for each session; however, because only 30 pages serve in each session, there is no guarantee that I will be able to sponsor a page every session.
There are four sessions of the Senate Page Program. The Fall session runs from early September through mid-January. The Spring session runs from mid-January through mid-June. The Summer includes two sessions which run three to four weeks long. Summer Session I begins in early June, and Summer Session II begins in early July.
Because of dorm restrictions and availability, we accept applications from male students for the Fall Session and Summer Session 1 and female students for the Spring Session and Summer Session 2.
More information available at http://www.brown.senate.gov/services/students/pages