The scholarships listed below are scholarships that are sent to the High Schools Guidance Office. Eligibility Requirements listed on this website are a guideline to give a student an idea about what the scholarship entails and may not cover all the requirements a student must meet to qualify for the scholarship.
Deadline: February 15, 2020 (postmark)
To qualify for this scholarship, students must:
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Apply for admission for the 2020-2021 academic year at institution(s) you select on the scholarship application
- Meet other merit scholarship criteria as established by the institution(s) selected on the application
- EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED
- More information and application at www.waceinc.org
Deadline: February 20, 2020
- Applicants must be dependent children of full-time employees in the financial services industry (commercial banks, investment banks, securities brokerage firms, insurance companies, fund and asset management companies, credit card and finance companies and similar businesses as determined by the Foundation). Employees must be presently employed with five years of experience OR no longer employed in this field but had ten years of experience which ended no longer than five years prior to the GAR Scholarship application closing date (which is located on the top of the application).
- Students must be graduating high school seniors who are enrolling as full time first year students in pursuit of a four-year bachelor's degree at an accredited college/university in the United States.
- Students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) and rank in the top 20% of their class.
- Students must demonstrate financial need.
- Students must be a US citizen or legal resident.
Application available online at www.gordonrich.org
Deadline: December 9, 2019 - this is not a postmark deadline but a received by deadline
The scholarship currently covers the cost of any educational expenses up to the cost of full-time in-state undergraduate tuition, for eight uninterrupted fall and spring semesters, and includes a $1,000 book award each year. Receipt of the scholarship is contingent upon continuously meeting program criterion and expectations as set by the Program Advisor.
The program allows students to take part in leadership workshops, community engagement activities, and meetings with university, community and alumni leaders and volunteers. The ALS program also includes monthly cohort meetings, one-on-ones with the program adviser , and the opportunity to serve BGSU and the local community.
Applicants must be incoming, first-time students enrolled at BGSU who demonstrate a commitment to leadership and community service. Applicants must also:
Be admitted to BGSU main campus prior to 11:59pm on December 9, 2019
Submit a completed Honors College application prior to 11:59pm on December 9, 2019
Hold a 3.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on December 9, 2019
Score a minimum of 27 (composite) on the ACT or combined score of 1280 on the SAT on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on December 9, 2019
Be available to participate in selection weekend, January 31st and February 1st.
Financial need may be considered, but is not a requirement to apply
It is strongly encouraged that applicants complete a FAFSA form, listing BGSU as one of the schools that should receive the data from the form.
Multiple finalists will have the opportunity to interview on campus with the selection committee. As many as six recipients will be chosen to enter the program each year.
We look forward to getting to know you to determine if the BGSU Alumni Laureate Scholarship is the right fit for you. Please do not hesitate to contact at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Deadline: January 20, 2020
Competition open to all high school seniors who are U.S. citizens and are planning careers of service to the United States in local, state, or federal government. All awards are for one year
Scholarships of $500 to $5,000 for students planing careers in government service, for study at the college of recipients' choice.
Application and more information available at http://www.gwcf.org
Deadline: September 27 and December 6, 2019
To provide one-time scholarships to graduating high school seniors currently attending a school in the Buckeye Broadband Toledo service area to spotlight their academic achievements. Applicants should be entering an accredited school of higher education in the United States in the fall of 2020. Scholarships can be used toward tuition, on campus room & board, books, and fees.
Throughout the school year, a total of eight (8) Scholastic Spotlights will be chosen by a committee comprised of representatives from the Toledo Community Foundation.
Each Scholastic Spotlight will be:
- Recognized on Buckeye Broadband channels for a 3 week period;
- Awarded a one-time $1,000.00 scholarship to use at an accredited post-secondary institution;
- Considered for Scholar of the Year; and
- Invited to the BCAN Showcase Ceremony where the Scholar of the Year is announced.
Applications come back to the AWHS Counseling Office. AWHS is then able to forward 2 applications for consideration on September 27th and 2 applications for consideration on December 6th.
BASIS FOR SELECTION
The selection criteria include the following in order of significance:
- Scholastic aptitude (test scores);
- Prior academic achievement (cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher);
- Financial need (finalists are required to bring a copy of parent/guardian’s last income tax return to the interview);
- Individual motivation, ability and potential;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Recommendation Letters;
Application is available at http://bcsnnation.com/scholarship/