What Else Do I Need to be a Sub at AW?
In order to substitute for Anthony Wayne Local Schools, you must:
1. COMPLETE THE ON-LINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION THROUGH APPLITRACK. (NOTE: YOU CAN COMPLETE AND UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY TIME, BUT YOU CAN ONLY APPLY FOR A POSITION WHEN ONE IS POSTED.) Please do not submit additional information and copies to schools or the district office. We will contact you if you are chosen for an interview. During your interview we will need to collect all of the following documents.
2. DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
3. PROVIDE CURRENT BCII/FBI REPORT OR GET FINGERPRINTED
If you do not have a current BCII/FBI (within last 12 months), call our Central Office at 419-877-5377 to make an appointment to be fingerprinted for both BCII and FBI. Cost of fingerprinting is $46 ($22/BCII; $24/FBI). Checks should be made payable to Anthony Wayne Local Schools. If paying with cash, exact change is preferred. No Credit or Debit cards accepted.
4. PROVIDE US WITH A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT OHIO TEACHING CERTIFICATE/LICENSE
If you are applying for your first substitute license, or renewing an existing or expired substitute license, go to www.ode.state.oh.us, and in the box titled EDUCATORS (green with a picture of a mortarboard), click on EDUCATOR LICENSURE and then select EDUCATOR LICENSURE APPLICATIONS. Select and print the appropriate form.
Applications for new/renewed substitute teaching licenses must be brought to our Central Administrative Office along with your check payable to “Treasurer, State of Ohio.” Cost for licensure is provided on the information sheet accompanying the application. You have to provide official transcripts when applying for an initial substitute license. ODE will not return your transcripts.
5. PROVIDE US WITH PHOTOCOPIES OF
• Your official transcripts (front and back) showing grades and degrees earned
• Driver’s License
• Social Security Card
OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST
Contact Jill Schwanz (email@example.com) in the Human Resources Office if you have any questions, by email or telephone at 419-877-5377.