Skip to main content

Anthony Wayne

Local Schools


Enrollment & Registration

Welcome to Anthony Wayne Local Schools!

student smiles and waves

We are glad you are here!

 Enrolling in Anthony Wayne Local Schools

The information on this page is intended for families who are new to the Anthony Wayne School District. To enroll a new student, complete and submit the correct enrollment form linked below. After you submit the enrollment form, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for providing the required documents. Please call 419-877-5377 if you have any questions.

Please Note: Anthony Wayne Local Schools does not participate in open enrollment. All students who attend Anthony Wayne must live within the school district.

Required documentation for registration

Proof of the child’s age 

  • Please bring your child's official birth certificate

  • Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 30

Proof of Residency
  • If you are a current district resident:
    Provide two current utility bills in your name.
    We accept gas, electric, water, cable/internet, propane, trash removal, home insurance bills.

  • If you are purchasing a home:
    Provide the signed purchase agreement, the Settlement Statement, or the Closing Disclosure AND a utility bill in
    your name within 30 days.

  • If you rent or lease your residence:
    Provide the signed lease/rental agreement AND a current utility bill in your name. All occupants’ names must be on the lease along with the landlord’s name and contact information.

  • If you are building a house:
    Provide a copy of your contract with the builder that includes an estimate of the date that you will be able to occupy the house (must be within 90 days from admission date). If you will be living outside of the district during the construction of your house, you are required to transport your child to and from school until you occupy the new house. 
  • After you move into the house, you are required to provide two current utility bills to [email protected]

  • If your permanent residence is with another family:
    If you do not have proof of residency in your name, you may provide a notarized Residency Affidavit AND two current utility bills in the homeowner’s name.
    Download: Residency Affidavit

Proof of Custody
  • If the child’s parents are divorced:
    Provide a copy of the complete court document (divorce/disillusionment decree, shared parenting agreement, or other court determination of custody) including the cover page with filed/date stamp, page stating legal custodial/residential parent, and judge’s signature page (RC 3313.672 (B)(1)).

  • If legal custody is being established or changed:
    The petitioner has sixty (60) days from the date of enrollment to produce a signed Journal Entry of Judgment establishing a change in custody. In order for your child to be enrolled in Anthony Wayne Schools during this waiting period, you must provide a copy of the filed/date stamped motion petitioning the court for a change in custody, and sign an affidavit stating that a custody change is in progress.
    Download: Seeking Custody Affidavit

  • If someone other than the parent has been granted legal guardianship or custody of the child: 
    You must provide a copy of the court order transferring custody.

  • The general rule in Ohio is that an unmarried female who gives birth to a child is the sole residential parent and legal custodian of the child until a court issues an order designating another person as the residential parent and legal custodian (RC 3109.042). In such cases, the mother will be asked to sign documentation stating that she was not married to the father, and that legal custody of the child has not been assigned to either parent by the court.
    Download: Unmarried Parent Affidavit

Current Immunization Records 
  • Kindergarten Students 
  • Students in Grades 1 - 12
    • Current immunization records

Parent Photo Identification 
  • driver’s license, military ID or state ID

School Records

We will request your child’s official records from their previous school; however, it is helpful if you provide an unofficial transcript or the child’s most recent report card, and their IEP/ETR, WEP, or 504 Plan if applicable.


Anthony Wayne Local Schools
Student Enrollment
9565 Bucher Rd.
Whitehouse, OH 43571
Phone: 419-877-5377
Fax: 419-877-9352

Jana Leininger,
EMIS / Enrollment Coordinator

Amy Anderson,
Secretary / Enrollment
© 2023. Central Administrative Office.
All Rights Reserved.