AWLS Parent & Staff Communication - 5/13/21
I wanted to share the following update with you:
June 2 removal of Ohio Health Orders:
Governor DeWine announced on Wednesday that all but a couple of Ohio Health Orders will be terminated on June 2. While the District is waiting for specific guidance from the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, and the Lucas County Health Department, the District does plan to remove the mandated mask and social distancing requirements along with some other COVID-19 procedural items on June 2. If students, parents, staff, and/or community members while on school grounds want to wear masks they can do so at their own discretion.
Please know the District will continue some of the established protocols like cleaning of facilities and providing hand sanitizer at designated locations inside of buildings over the summer and into next school year. Based on what has been shared with the District so far about next year, schools in Ohio will not have COVID-19 restrictions and will look like and feel like they did prior to COVID-19. We look forward to having all students in school buildings every day next school year!
Vaccination Program for students age 12 to 18 years:
Our partners at the Toledo Lucas Health Department are teaming up with us to present a vaccination clinic for Anthony Wayne Local School students age 12 (as of May 20, 2021) and up and any other qualified individuals in their family.
There will be two vaccination events utilizing the Pfizer vaccine. Participants will need to receive the shots:
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Appointments assigned for dose #1 will be carried over for dose #2 (ex. if you get dose #1 on 5/20/21 at 3:05 p.m., your appointment for dose #2 will be on 6/10/21 at 3:05 p.m.).
The site for both vaccination appointments will be Anthony Wayne High School in the main cafeteria. Please come in the main gym doors and there will be signs directing you where to go. Park in the student lot nearest the gym– it will be marked clearly on the day of each event. Students are eligible to get the shot without their parent being present as long as they have the signed consent form attached to this email filled out.
Please follow the steps below as soon as possible to register for your appointment(s).
- Click on the following link: https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov/
- Click Check Eligibility and Book My Appointment
- Complete the Questionnaire and you must enter the Access Code provided below. The site states it is optional, but it is required for this specific event.
- Enter Anthony Wayne High School as your preferred site
- Click See Availability (appointments range from 3:00 p.m. to 6:57 p.m.)
- Make sure the correct date is entered and select your preferred time
- Click Continue
- Complete all the information and click continue
- Enter this security code to complete your appointment: OUS8H47QCO.
Please feel free to reach out at any time if you have any questions or concerns.
Student Vaccine Consent Form - Print, Fill Out & Sign
Thank you and have a great day!! Go Generals!!
Dr. Jim Fritz
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021/22 School Year is Now Open!
Anthony Wayne Schools is now accepting online registration of Kindergarten students for the 2021-22 school year. To attend
Kindergarten in the fall, your child must be five years old by September 30, 2021, and you must reside in the Anthony Wayne School District. to complete the online enrollment form. After you submit the enrollment form, you will receive a confirmation email that includes specific instructions for submitting the required documents, which are listed below:
- Parent's photo ID
- Your child's official birth certificate
- Proof of residency (click HERE for details about what we will accept)
- Custody document if parents are divorced or if someone other than the parents has legal custody
- Your child's immunization records (must be submitted to your child’s school no later than September 7, 2021)
For additional information on 2021/22 Kindergarten visit our Kindergarten Registration page
If you have any questions, please call 419-877-5377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org