The scholarships listed below are scholarships that are sent to the High Schools Guidance Office. Eligibility Requirements listed on this website are a guideline to give a student an idea about what the scholarship entails and may not cover all the requirements a student must meet to qualify for the scholarship.
Deadline: November 15th
The Elks National Foundation awards 500 four year scholarships based on Academics, leadership, and financial need. National awards range from $1000 per year to $12500 per year. (though many local Lodges, distritcs and state Elks associations award their own scholarships through this program.) National awards will be announced in April 2022.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- Male and femaile students compete separately
- Applicants select from a list of the Lodges closest to their home address zip code. AW students should choose MAUMEE-BOWLING GREEN LODGE #1850
Application and more details available at enf.elks.org/MVS
Deadline: October 15, 2021 (Receipt)
- NEED BASED!
- Likelihood of obtaining sufficient financial support from other sources to reach the student's stated goals
- Academic achievement at the high school level min 2.5 GPA
- Involvement in extra-curricular and community affairs
- Commitment to completion of preparation for a successful professional or technical career
Printed packets also available from Mr. Puhl
Deadline: December 6, 2021
The Alumni Laureate scholarship currently covers the cost of any educational expenses up to the cost of full-time in-state undergraduate tuition, for eight uninterrupted fall and spring semesters, and includes a $1,000 book award each year. Receipt of the scholarship is contingent upon continuously meeting program criteria and expectations as set by the Program Advisor.
The program allows students to take part in leadership workshops, community engagement activities, and meetings with university, community and alumni leaders and volunteers. The ALS program also includes cohort meetings and regular interaction with the Honors College staff and program adviser.
Applicants must be incoming, first-time students enrolled at BGSU who demonstrate a commitment to leadership and community service. Applicants must also:
- Be admitted to BGSU main campus prior to 11:59pm on December 6, 2021
- Submit a completed Honors College application prior to 11:59pm on Dece,ber 6, 2021
- Hold a 3.5 cumulative high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on December 6, 2021
- Score a minimum of 27 (composite) on the ACT or combined score of 1280 on the SAT on file with the Office of Admissions by 11:59pm on Decembe 6, 2021
- Financial need may be considered, but is not a requirement to apply
- It is strongly encouraged that applicants complete a FAFSA form, listing BGSU as one of the schools that should receive the data from the form. Any questions about the FAFSA should be directed to your guidance counselor or the BGSU Student Financial Aid Office (419-372-2651).
Qualities of an Alumni Laureate Scholar
The scholarship review board are looking for students who:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Engage with their community and school
- Show dedication to activities
- Take on leadership roles in involvement
- Have an ability to network with others and communicate with a wide range of people
- Willingness to engage with donors
Deadline: October 31, 2021
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 33rd class in 2021, the Foundation has provided over 6,450 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $75 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
Applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) student attending a school in the U.S. (or select DoD schools) who will graduate during the 2021-2022 academic school year
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, or Humanitarian Parolees - based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Expecting to receive high school diploma during current academic year
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution
- Able to verify a minimum overall B/3.0 GPA in high school coursework
Applicants may not be:
- Children or grandchildren of current employees, officers, or owners of Coca-Cola bottling companies, The Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions, or subsidiaries.
- Children or grandchildren of former employees who are currently receiving retirement benefits based on their previous employment with Coca-Cola bottling companies, The Coca-Cola Company, Company divisions, or subsidiaries.
- International students (with the exception of students at DoD schools)
- High school graduates
- Temporary residents
Apply online HERE
Deadline: January 15, 2022
Competition open to all high school seniors who are U.S. citizens and are planning careers of service to the United States in local, state, or federal government. All awards are for one year
Scholarships of $500 to $5,000 for students planing careers in government service, for study at the college of recipients' choice.
Application and more information available at http://www.gwcf.org
Deadline: October 19, 2021 6:00 pm ET
The Heisman High School Scholarship continues a 27-year tradition of honoring high school seniors who accomplish tremendous feats in the classroom, on the field, and most importantly, within their communities. The scholarship recognizes and rewards both male and female high school athletes who are community-minded and driven to use their exceptional talents for the benefit of all.
Criteria For Application
- Students whose senior year of high school is the 2021–2022 academic year, graduating with the class of 2022.
- Students who have at least a weighted “B” grade average (3.0 GPA) during grades 9, 10, and 11.
- Students who participate in one of the sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee or the National Federation of State High School Associations.
- Be a leader in school and in the community and serve as a role model for underclassman.
- Students who are a resident of one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (D.C.).
Students must provide an accurate email address of a school official who will login to review the application and its contents, and confirm its accuracy. Students should use firstname.lastname@example.org
To Qualify for this award you must be a senior and have had experience in all three areas below during high school
- Stage (crew, pit band, cast)
Students who meet the above must fill out the application and return it to Mr. Puhl
Deadlines: September 20, 2021 & December 1, 2021
The BCSN Scholar Spotlight Scholarship was established to recognize the achievements of graduating high school seniors residing in the Buckeye Broadband service area pursuing a degree at an accredited post-secondary institution. Scholarships can be used toward tuition, on-campus room & board, books and fees.
See the attached file for more details.
The school is allowed to submit two students for nomination at both BCSN deadlines. (Which is why the deadlines listed here are earlier than the scholarship deadlines - so we have time to select two and submit them) You will complete the Guidance Department Nomination section. In this section it will ask for a counselor email address. Please use email@example.com